Friday, August 23, 2013

Drugstore makeup look.



Lets face it, makeup can be expensive. I was home today due to my lovely neck injury flaring up & sat down to play with some makeup. Since I've been absent from posting lately I figured I'd make this post into a drugstore/affordable makeup look everyone can do! (Minus my brow product, my apologies there.) This is my first written tutorial & I was medicated while doing all this so bare with me! 

Steps:

1) Prime lid using Nyx eyeshadow base in white. 
2) Apply a base color to lid using L'oreal infallible shadow in "899 endless pearl". 
3) Taking "the natural eyeshadow palette" by Nyx I used the 3rd shade from the left for my main crease color. 
4) Using the Wet n wild shadow palette in "sparkle till the morning" (my apologies if this was limited edition) I took the sparkly brown shade on the bottom right & applied that to my crease as well blending it into the shade before. 
5) Using that same palette I took the shimmery cream color on the top left and patted that onto my lid, tear duct & below the outer bottom area of my brow. 
6) Again with that same palette I took the gorgeous shimmery turquoise shade and applied that to my lower lash line with an angled brush. 
7) I took the Elf liquid liner and lined my upper lash line. 
8) Using Revlon's lash potion mascara in black I applied that to my upper lashes. 
9) For my brows I using my Anastasia tinted brow gel in "Carmel". 
10) For foundation I chose Covergirl's 3 in 1 foundation. 
11) Nyx HD photogenic concealer in "porcelain" was applied & blended out in a triangle shape under my eyes, bridge of my nose, Cupid's bow & between my brows as a highlight. 
12) Nyx matte bronzer in "medium" was placed under my cheekbones as a contour & then blended out. 
13) Lastly, using Nyx butter gloss in "crème brulee" I applied that to my lips. 




Lesson learned: Do not do makeup in a medicated state (or try to take pictures of it at least). 

These photos were not edited or retouched, only cropped. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment