Sunday, August 4, 2013

Illamasqua Powder Blushers.


Last year was the first time the brand Illamasqua caught my eye. It took me a while to start purchasing this brand not only because of the $26 price tag per blush ($3 more and i could have a coveted Nars blush for comparision purposes) but because it took me a while to find the brand here in the US. I come from what I would consider a small town & the Sephora near me does not carry anything but the nail varnish & of course I wanted to see this hyped up product before I spent the money on it. One day I adventured to the King of Prussia mall and to my surprise I was exposed to my new obsession.

Illamasqua powder blushers have a rep for being extremely pigmented & in my opinion that is 110% true. When I switch to them from my trusty Nars blushes I have to remind myself to use an extremely light hand because these guys pack a serious punch (of color). I'll also admit that some of these I own strictly because of their silly names. I currently own 5 pictured above in order are Thrust, Allure, Chased, Nymph & Hussy. Now on to some swatches!



Natural lighting - from top to bottom: Thrust, Allure, Chased, Nymph & Hussy.



Flash - top to bottom: Thrust, Allure, Chased, Nymph & Hussy.

Individuals:


Allure. "Dusky rose pink (shimmer)" This one is by far my favorite. The picture can't even do it justice. There is a gold shimmer (easily tapped off of a brush for you shimmer shy beauties) that just makes this color, it's beyond gorgeous. 


Thrust. "Deep magenta pink (matte)" I'll admit I have yet to actually be daring enough to wear this but it's one of those colors I had to have. One day I will rock it fearlessly! 


Chased. "Bright rose pink (matte)" This color was sold out both at KOP & Sephora.com for what felt like forever. When I finally got the email saying it was back in stock I ordered it right away. This shade is my favorite come winter as I'm a huge fan of bright pinks then. 


Hussy. "Bright candy pink (matte)" Honestly this is one of the 2 I bought because of the name. Lol it's a challenge because it is so bright & pigmented but still a gorgeous color. 


Nymph. "Warm candy pink (matte)" The other one I bought due to the name. The bonus was this gorgeous color. Sadly my nail took a dent out of it one day when I was in a hurry but with the small amount of product needed per application I still don't see it running out anytime soon. 

Hopefully I will add to my collect at some point, S.O.P.H.I.E., Morale & Lover are all on my watch list, but so far I'm loving my collect. Next with out a doubt I will be getting my hands on the brands "blush up brush" & can't wait to see the results vs my normal method of application, the Sedona lace fan brush (mentioned in my "5 products that make my code" post). 

If you've tried Illamasqua what is your favorite product by them? <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment